Buckeye Alert Text Messaging System Upgrade!
We are excited to announce that on July 1, 2013, the Buckeye Alert text messaging system will be receiving an upgrade. Our new system will provide new and improved ways to communicate with all our students, faculty, staff, parents and other community members.
There is no action on your part to remain in the system. If your cell number is in our Student Information System (BuckeyeLink) or PeopleSoft (Faculty/Staff) then you are automatically registered for the Buckeye Alert Text Messaging System.
With our new system, we hope to improve the speed with which we can get text messages to the campus community. In the coming months, we will be looking at new methods to add to our "toolbox" that will help us communicate better and faster in an emergency.
One more change that you will notice. Beginning July 1, 2013, the Buckeye Alert system will be activated for all tornado WARNINGS. A warning means that a tornado has been sighted. Notifications of tornado warnings will include a text message, OSU Emergency Management Facebook (OSUEmergency) and OSU Emergency Management Twitter (@OSU_EMFP).
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the Ohio State University's Buckeye Alert Text Messaging System, please follow the appropriate links at the bottom of this page.
For a copy of our Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, please go here: http://go.osu.edu/clery
To see our Fire Log, please go here: http://go.osu.edu/firelog
To see our Guide to Assist Disruptive and Distressed Individuals, please go here: http://go.osu.edu/disruptive
To register to receive Public Safety Notices, please go to: http://go.osu.edu/psn
- Emergency Notification Systems - A list of all methods that Ohio State uses to communicate with its campus community during an emergency.
- Text Messaging - Information of text messaging capabilities.
- Student Text Messaging Registration - Information on how students can register for text messaging notifications.
- Faculty and Staff Text Messaging Registration - Information on how faculty and staff can register for text messaging notifications.
- Parental / Spousal Text Messaging Registration - Information on how parents, spouses and others can register for text messaging notifications.