The Ohio State University has developed a variety of methods to communicate to students, faculty and staff during an emergency, and collectively these are called "Buckeye Alert."
Buckeye Alert is a multi-modal, emergency notification system that includes nearly two dozen different communication methods.
Based upon a variety of factors, during an emergency, OSU Public Safety officials will determine which method, or combination of methods, should be utilized to communicate with the OSU community during an emergency.
The current communications methods utilized by OSU Public Safety include:
- http://emergency.osu.edu webpage
- http://osu.edu webpage
- Text Messages
- (614)247-7777 - Emergency Info Line
- Building Alarm / Speaker Systems
- NOAA Weather Radio
- OSU Cable Television Crawl (Columbus campus only)
- OSU Cable Television Voice-Over (Columbus campus only)
- OSU Medical Center One Source
- OSU traffic info. radio AM1650 (Columbus campus only)
- Outdoor Warning Sirens / Speakers
- Severe Weather text notifications
- Vehicle Public Address Speakers
- Voicemail on all campus telephones
- Voice messages to Campus telephones
- Voice messages to cell phones
- WOSU Radio 89.7 FM (Columbus campus only)
- OSU Mobile